Along with wearing regular clothes, Bitizens may also wear Costumes, a complete outfit with a theme or with unique embellishments. Many costumes are parodies of or shout-outs to popular culture. Occasionally, Bitizens wearing a costume will pop up in your elevator wearing one of the costumes below.
To view available costumes the player must view a Bitizen up close and select the Dress Up button, then the big green Costumes! button, allowing them to peruse the wide assortment of costumes.
Players may obtain Costumes through normal game play, such as giving elevator rides to appearing Costumed Bitizens and completing Delivery Missions which feature Costumed Bitizens. A friend may also send you a costume either by dressing up a gifted Bitizen before sending or by dressing up their Doorman and visiting your tower.
Below is a list of the costumes available:
- If a Bitizen is wearing glasses before the player dresses them in a Costume, they will still wear the glasses with the Costume.
- The Engineer costume may be a reference to the multiplayer FPS Team Fortress 2, as the Engineer class in that game wears identical clothing.
- Plumber A and Plumber B are Mario and Luigi.
- The Princess is a reference to Princess Peach from the Mario series.
- The Ice Queen costume is Elsa from the movie Frozen.
- The Trooper Costume is a Storm Trooper from the Star Wars franchise.
- The G-man outfit is a reference to the game series Half Life.
- The Bitman is Batman, Ironbit is Iron Man, Captain Bit is Captain America, and SuperBit is Superman.
- The Fez costume is the 11th Doctor.
- The Creepy costume is a creeper from the game Minecraft.
- The Cyborg costume is a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica.
- The red hat costume could be a reference to the rallying costume of Donald Trump in the 2016 election campaign.
- The Ghosthustler costume is a reference to the wikipedia : Ghostbusters from the film with the same name
- The different coloured ranger costumes are a reference to the Power Rangers series
- The Young Wizard costume is a reference to Harry Potter from the Harry Potter series.
- The Horse costume is a reference to the Horse Head social media trend.
- The Phantom costume is a reference to the Phantom play.
- The Mad Hatter costume is a reference to the Mad Hatter from Alice and Wonderland.
- The Mapple Genius costume is a reference to the Apple company.
- The Liberty costume is a reference to the Statue of Liberty in New York.
- The Super Hero may be a reference to the movie The Incredibles as the family wear similar costumes.
- The Archeologist is a reference to Indiana Jones from the Indiana Jones series.
- The Star Captain is a reference to Star Trek.
- The Blink costume is a reference to Link from Legend of Zelda.
- The Bikachu costume is a reference to Pikachu from Pokémon.
- The Snapdog costume is a reference to the Dog filter from the social network Snapchat.
- The Monster Suit is a reference to Domo.